Sunday, January 30, 2011

stimulus money well spent

What do I do in my free time? Great question! I think of ways to make the world a better place! Sometimes my ideas are not very realistic. Actually, most of the time my ideas are not very realistic. Below, I've drawn some ideas on how the City of Guelph could improve, especially in the interest of students.
Remember the recession everyone was talking about a little while back? Well the government had the bright idea of providing stimulus money to municipalities to build infrastructure projects. What is the point of this? stimulate growth and provide jobs. How effective it has proven, is debatable. Anyways, the deadline for projects to be completed was extended to October 31st, 2011. This is especially important for Guelph, because projects like the new bus terminal downtown would not have been completed before the previous deadline of March 31st, 2011.
How much money did Guelph get? 45 million. Thats a lot of dough. Here is a link on theprojects Guelph has undertaken since the stimulus announcement.

Enough reading, here is my list of the absolute most effective ways to spend 45 million dollars for students:

No comments:

Post a Comment